[PD] Problems with "pool" object

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Aug 27 17:43:45 CEST 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I know that one: Isn't it strange that a crash in pool should give an
> error message about xsample.pd_linux?

No. It's a «normal trouble» with C/C++ languages. The solution is to use
powerful debuggers that can report mistakes early, by using cpu emulators,
very picky code, and implementations of malloc/free that spend a lot of
time setting up traps that bugs will have to fall into.

That's why I mention valgrind once in a while... someone has to be
mentioning it sometimes.