[PD] live pd patch mixed with Gem or pdp?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 30 18:38:30 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-30 18:26, John Harrison wrote:
> is there a way to do these screenshots such that they don't actually show up
> on a screen visible to the user i.e I don't have to show the raw Pd patch to
> the user, only the mix? This is a 2-headed machine (one machine --- I'll use
> 2 if I absolutely have to) and the plan is to show a Gem or pdp window
> fullscreen on one head and a pdp window fullscreen on the other. This leaves
> me not sure where to put the Pd patch for the screenshots.

if you want to use screenshots, then you have to do screenshots.
unfortunately screenshots have to be visible somehow (even if the
audience cannot see them).

the simplest solution would be to go 3-headed:
- head #1 for the patch (good for debugging, btw), not visible to the
audience
- head #2 for pdp screen #1
- head #3 for pdp screen #2

get yourself a matrox triplehead2go to multiply your 2nd head by 3 (so
you can actually have 4 different screens)

fgmasdr
IOhannes