[PD] tkwidgets WAS: Hi, new user. Question about max/msp and PD

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 08:29:54 CEST 2010

--- On Tue, 9/14/10, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> Subject: tkwidgets WAS: Hi, new user. Question about max/msp and PD
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Frank Barknecht" <fbar at footils.org>, "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca>, pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2010, 6:52 AM
>
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 11:59 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>

> > --- On Mon, 9/13/10, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> >> Subject: Re: [PD] Hi, new user. Question about
> max/msp and PD
> >> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> >> Cc: "Frank Barknecht" <fbar at footils.org>,
> "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca

> >> Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:46 PM

> about
> >> max/msp and PD

> use a
> >> metro with a
> Read
> >> from this with
> [timepoint]
> >> clone. See,
> features,
> >> they just
> anyway in
> >> their

> they add
> >> rather
> «Max
> >> 5 has more
> than
> >> to explain
> features.

> feature
> >> in this sense--
> documenting GF
> >> objects than
> (See,
> >> there's no magic behind

> object like
> >> [textedit] where
> >> It's easier than
> learning that
> >> you can't send
> canvas is
> >> visible, then
> data you
> >> typed in the
> window.
> >> Then realizing that the
> that
> >> corresponds to [textedit]
> they
> >> don't appear on a gop canvas).

> >> You could try tkwidgets/text.  I really
> should finish
> >> that library.  Its
> >> close to done, and it'll probably a suite of nice
> GUI
> >> objects, including
> >> something like textedit.
> >>
> >> .hc
> >>

> > That sounds cool.
> >
> > Hm, I was reading through the sourcerepositories page
> on
> > puredata.info, and I'm not sure how I'd go about
> trying those
> > objects out.  Do I need to compile pd-extended
> from svn, or is
> > there a way to just compile that library and use it
> with the
> [...]

Ok it works now, but I had to change
CFLAGS = -DPD -I"$(PD_INCLUDE)/pd" -Wall -W -g
CFLAGS = -DPD -I"$(PD_INCLUDE)/pdextended" -Wall -W -g
in the Makefile.

tkwidgets/text
* If I create the object and type some text, the text disappears
if I minimize the window
* If I type the object's name into an object box and click on
the part of the empty canvas where the text object will
consequently appear, I can't type anything into the text box.
* I get this error upon creation:
.x85eab08.c.frame85da330.widget85da330 insert end \{\}
and I can't even send a "set foo" message to get text into the
box.

-Jonathan