[PD] Fw: Latency

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Fri Sep 17 17:57:55 CEST 2010

My MOTU is not USB. I have firewire (only) version of Ultralite, the hybrid
USB/firewire is recent, very recent.

Additionally, MOTU complicates mapping of features, code of multitrack
driver, and so forth - better understanding is at FFADO - I'm no
expert/nor-even-amateur at this. It is not trivial USB audio driver, its
THEIR driver. Once you get a MOTU you have to use their driver for YOUR
system, and their's no Linux drivers, they don't give a damn (see official
MOTU responses and foruns). Thus, I will never buy MOTU again because
thy maintain a hostile policy against Linux/open source :)  <- personal
choice.

H2 is cool. Just like h4, except If i'm not mistaken it actually is a 4
track recorder (soundcard) while h4 is bogus 4 track, only 2 channels at a
time.... haha.

My H4 was really cheap, so I don't regret it.

best regards,
Pedro

contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes