[PD] pdpcap 0.0.4 network sniffer new version

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Oct 1 10:19:53 CEST 2010

pcap works, or pcap4pd.

I think it would make the most sense to make the pcap file reader a
standalone object, with an interface just like [textfile], [msgfile],
etc.  So banging it would give you a packet from the file, it would
have a rightmost outlet which bangs when the end of the file is
reached, and a [rewind( message, etc.

.hc

On Oct 1, 2010, at 12:08 AM, Jordi Sala wrote:

> I was going to change the name to pdpcap, but it would be very
> confused to have the same name that the pcaplib, that use pcap.. so,
> the name could be pktcap? I will expect until next week if there is
> any suggestion ...
>
> On 30 September 2010 22:16, ALAN BROOKER
> <alan.brooker2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> really like this patch :)
> pcap is a pretty good name!
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Jordi Sala <poperbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it can be renamed, I named pdpcap when I started the object (PD
> +PCAPlib)...,... pcap could be a good name....any suggestions?
>
> On 30 September 2010 13:45, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Jordi Sala wrote:
>
> PDPCAP 0.0.4 new features
>
> Could it be renamed so that it doesn't look like it's something to
> do with PDP ? (or is it PDP's fault for using non-distinctive
> naming ?)

> | Mathieu Bouchard ------------------------------ Villeray,
> Montréal, QC
>

> --
> Jordi Sala
> http://musa.poperbu.net

> --
> Jordi Sala
> http://musa.poperbu.net

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs