[PD] Loop point : a way to make it smooth?

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 20:55:00 CEST 2010

Hi all!

I've made a looping patch for a friend who needs to create a musical piece
for her school. She's complaining about the fact that she hears when the
sample loops back to it's beginning. I tried to envelop it using a table to
control the volume which just ramps up from 0 to 1 during X ms (X being
adjustable), outputs 1 during most of the sample except for the last X ms
where it ramps back down. The ramps are not linear, they have sort of an
inverse square shape. This doesn't really do the trick.
I've been thinking of writing the sample to 2 tables, one delayed by the
length of the sample minus X ms, so that i can play both tables and switch
between the two to avoid having to bring the volume to 0 at one point. The
sample needs to be X ms longer.
Is there another way to go? I've been doing some research on the web, but
i've found no satisfying answer.
Thanks!

Pierre