[PD] overdriven speaker

- fallen_devil at gmx.de
Fri Oct 15 21:10:45 CEST 2010

Thank you for your answer,
but as I wrote I don't want the sound of simple clipping like clip~,
tanh~ or overdrive~. I want the sound of a speaker crying for mercy
because you put just too much through it.

But I don't know where to start. I know there are complex distortion
effects, which are able to simulate different speaker cabinets after
variable amps recorded by different microphones. But they all cost big
money. Also I don't need the physical simulation. I just want the sound.
If you want I can try to record the sound I'm talking about.

I tried to search for information how to do this but couldn't find
anything usable. Not even an analysis what happens inside the speaker
when you torture it like this.

I already know the forum but don't want to doublepost. I really liked
the post about the oto biscuit. Neat distortion possibility's.

Am 15.10.2010 17:12, schrieb George Ker:
> Hello,
> I can't really understand, so , you mean something different from
[clip~] ?
> I' m sure you can find really good patches in the puredata.hurleur.com
forum searching about distortion , overdrive clip etc