[PD] OSC messages without / (fwd)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:30:15 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 09:47 +0200, Leandro da Mota Damasceno wrote:
> Hi Roman
>
> It's ok, i just keep forgetting to reply to all...
>

> so, I really don't understand how that could be happening, especially
> when in max/MSP i don't have to route any #bundle tag. It's funny how
> it shows how different it is to work with osc in both languages.

The inability of my proposed solution to deal with  bundled messages has
nothing to do with Pd's support for OSC, but simply means that my way of
prepending a '/' is a bad hack and does not cover all OSC messages,
namely bundles.
AFAIK, [unpackOSC] from mrpeach is a more complete implementation of the
OSC protocol and is able to deal with bundles, but it is strict in
complying with OSC specification which requires the address to start
with a '/'.

It seems that the max patch is putting every OSC message into a bundled
message (which is ok) and omits the leading '/' (which is not ok). It's
this combination which makes it complex to rectify it on the Pd side.

Roman