[PD] IPA Vowel space analyzer

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 19:53:11 CEST 2010

I had a go a number of years ago at coding an LPC-based formant detector for PD,
based on the Speech Filing System from University College London. It has since
remained on my "to do" list, since I got the object to load but there were
problems in getting it working (i.e. it didn't, and crashed PD).

In theory, if you can detect the peaks in a Linear Predictive Coding-derive
polynomial plot, then you can determine the vowel very accurately.

It would be nice to make this work - I'll dig it out and perhaps someone can
help me understand why it doesn't work (and fix it). I'll dig it out and try to
GDB it tonight, but I have to feed my child now.

Best,
Ed
 Metastudio 4 for Pure Data - coming soon!
Metastudio 3 still available at http://sharktracks.co.uk/puredata