[PD] On OSC, Max/MSP and PD

Leandro da Mota Damasceno lemota at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:47:38 CET 2010

Hey guys,

thank you all for the help. I have received recently the original Max/MSP
patch and it was interesting to learn more about the language. I see that
the packOSC equivalent would be the OpenSoundControl, that also, in theory,
corrects the format.

I tried to see if I could do something to fix, like adding a / to all the
messages. Still didn't work. So I am thinking... There is clearly a
difference in the way Max/MSP and PD handle OSC. So I am asking now you more
experienced users, you forces to be, such as Martin Peach... What might be
happening with the opensouncontrol object?

Best to all,

Leandro