[PD] manipulation of symbols?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 2 09:16:24 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 08:01:43PM +0100, João Pais wrote:
> is there any object that allows a more extended manipulation of symbols?
> For example, I have symbols with the format 1234-56-78_12-23.aaa, and I
> wanted to get only the floats inside, and use them on mathematics. For
> now, the only way I see to do that is to use several [splitfilename -],
> until all the individual elements are separated. Or is it possible to do
> that with sprintf?

It probably is possible, but as bigger text manipulations IMO are better dealt
with outside of the Pd language, why not learn Lua now and use the
pdlua external to write your own powerful text manipulation objectsr? Or Python,
but pdlua is much easier to install.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__