[PD] Purpose of sig~

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 17:32:27 CET 2010

On 3 Nov 2010, at 15:21, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Jamie Bullock wrote:
>
>> This is more of philosophical question than anything else.
>
> I think of it as rather pragmatic. What does make a question philosophical according to you ?

I mean that I'm interested in the reasoning behind including certain things in Pd and leaving others out, and why certain design decisions were taken. Maybe that is pragmatic, I don't know...

>> I'm curious to know why [sig~] hasn't been designed out of Pd.
>
> But it *has* been designed out... afaik.

Ah, then I've found a bug.

If I create that graph after switching DSP on, it doesn't work. It seems I need to create the graph then switch DSP on.

Jamie