[PD] Purpose of sig~

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 12:05:24 CET 2010

On 4 Nov 2010, at 09:50, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-11-03 15:46, Jamie Bullock wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is more of philosophical question than anything else. I'm curious to know why [sig~] hasn't been designed out of Pd. Why not have implicit control -> signal conversion everywhere it is possible?
>>
>> For example why not allow this?
>>
>> |2(	|3(
>> |	|
>> [+~ ]
>>

> i don't think i understand your question.

Well retrospectively, the question doesn't make any sense at all because it's based on a test I did with a (subsequently discovered) broken bang~.

See bug https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3102828&group_id=55736&atid=478070

So I thought that implicit conversions weren't working, when in fact bang~ wasn't triggering my snapshot~.

Jamie