[PD] Fedora build of Pd-extended 0.42.5?

Jeff Sandys jpsandys at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 19:44:55 CET 2010

> I 've read on Hans' website that Planet CCRMA needs a build of the latest
> Pd-extended. I have Fedora 12 on my laptop and I'm beginning to realize that
> it'd be actually cool to have an updated version of Pd to play with.
>
> I'd be glad to help, if :
> 1- this isn't too complicated, because my knowledge is extremely limited
> (I've read the page on Pd.info about building pd, if it's only a matter of
> downloading all the devel tools and typing Make in a terminal it's cool)
> 2- this won't take too long (cause i have quite a lot of work to do right
> now).
>
> Pierre

It requires a little more than ./configure, make, make install but
I was able to build 42.4 on fedora 13 and updated the Fedora page
on the PD Community Site:
     http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Fedora
You may want to install to a separate directory to keep your older
version.  If you find any mistakes in the page above, please correct
it for others who follow.
-- Jeff Sandys