[PD] ubuntu ppa's

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 22:15:15 CET 2010

--- On Fri, 11/5/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: Re: [PD] ubuntu ppa's
> To: "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>
> Cc: "PD list" <pd-list at iem.at>, "august" <august at alien.mur.at>
> Date: Friday, November 5, 2010, 6:26 PM
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Hans-Christoph
> Steiner wrote:
>
> > pd-arraysize
>
> There is no point in making tiny packages like that. In C,
> the command for that is a one-liner.

In Pd, it's also a one-liner: [expr size("myArray")].  Well, I guess
it's a three-liner if you want the same functionality as [arraysize]:

[loadbang]

[symbol myArray(

[expr size("$s1")]

So what is the point of [arraysize] in the first place?  Is the package
there for compatibility for people who have already used [arraysize]
without having known about [expr]?

-Jonathan