[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 6 16:24:03 CET 2010

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, João Pais wrote:

> I'm not a programmer and don't want to disencourage you, but I don't know if
> you're really picking the right surface/tools for this. would it make sense
> to unite forces around an other project?

[gf/gl] offers a different model for producing geos for GEM. It might be
easier to use sometimes, as it allows to put more stuff in messageboxes,
and less in objects... it's hard to explain like that, and it depends
which GEM components you compare it to. Generally it means less
[pack]/[unpack], less wires to connect, and a notation that is both
extremely close to OpenGL, yet more comfortable than that.