[PD] ReacTIVision to Max4live (don't hate)

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 11:17:09 CET 2010

Hi,

another way would be to use midi directly from the reacTIVision application.
In the midi xml file you can define what data goes where, depending also on
the fiducial. It is fairly easy to define which fiducial outputs midi 'knob
data' to which channel. Then to receive this in Reaktor in Windows does
require something like midiyoke. In linux jack and qjackctl are great for
this purpose.

This way you would not need Pd or max. Though it simplifies the output, and
does not allow you manipulate the data, so that would depend on the exact
kind of data you want to receive in Reaktor.

Best regards,

Menno

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion <
jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was able to use the reactivision software to control parameters in Pure
> Data, but i want to achieve this internally in Live using Max4Live . So far
> i've been able to register the TUIO messages in the m4l patch, but it
> doesn't differentiate between fiducials. I get errors that state "$ variable
> out of range" and "extra argument", but the objects i'm using [send
> $1-tuioObjectAlive 0] were copied from the TUIO dispatcher maxpatch that the
> reactivision folks provide on their site.
>
> I realize that the problem may come from the difference between Pd and max,
> and the fact that Pd uses a message box to send out [$2-tuioObjectAlive 0]
> and max uses the [send] object.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> P.S. Ultimately, the goal is to map the fiducials to the control knobs on
> Reaktor's skrewell so it would go like reactivision>M4L>Reaktor instead of
> having to do reactivision>Pd>midiyoke>Reaktor, or  is this the longer way
> around?
>
> P.P.S. I'm on Windows 7.
>
> --
> www.epicjefferson.com