[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:06:23 CET 2010

that looks a nice beginning (I can't try it now). But I would say that in
order to make a "complete" object, it should be possible to

- render complex musical structures (including microtonal pitches,
dynamics, articulations, rhythms, polyphony ...)
- get instructions from pd and/or from other standards - musicxml, for
example
- use characters and fonts defined by the user
- on top of the cherry, interact with pd as well - e.g. release messages
when someone clicks on a note on the score, ...
- whatever I'm not remembering now

Since there are already some projects going through in this area (e.g.
pwgl or inscore), wouldn't it make sense to try to integrate with these,
or try to help them, instead of reinventing the wheel?

João

--
Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin (Deutschland)