[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Nov 9 13:37:22 CET 2010

 Can we have a view of one of these pieces written with "modern notation"?

just to have a clue about what we are saying in here.

I've played several pieces where composers like K. H. Stockhausen used their own
notation, not based on a standard, in fact there is no standard for microtonal
music because:

1/ this style doesn't exist since a significant enough amount of time.

2/ actually many different styles of microtonal music emerge from different
composers
that uses their own notation system.

3/ no one (that I know) has been able to find an harmonical relationship that
would introduce a real notation system like we have in classical music notation.

 Also the notation example I've proposed does exist, I couldn't post a
screenshot otherwise.

well that was my two cents, I'm proposing solutions, I'm not trying to sell my
stuff.

http://strasheela.sourceforge.net/strasheela/examples/Output/05-MicrotonalChordProgression-ex9.preview.png