[PD] lowest latency ARM board for Pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 11 20:45:20 CET 2010

So there's a Tcl/Tk port to QX?  I know that its not Android, I was
just complaining about the huge missed opportunity with Android's lame
audio support.

.hc

On Nov 11, 2010, at 2:43 PM, cosmin O_O wrote:

> I'm not on Android but on Qtmoko. I run pd-extended from an
> application called "QX", a minimal window system.
>
> cosmin
>
> CC: pd-list at iem.at
> From: hans at at.or.at
> To: horiacosmin at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [PD] lowest latency ARM board for Pd
> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:23:10 -0500
>

> Wow, good to know.  I'm still annoying that Google doesn't give you
> access to ALSA in Android. Lame...
>
> .hc
>
> On Nov 8, 2010, at 2:36 AM, cosmin O_O wrote:
>
> I don't know if that's relevant, but on the Freerunner, pd-extended
> runs on OSS at 44100 sample rate, and 10 ms delay.
> Low latency looks solit at this values.
> I've tested some creb's examples (sbosc~-help.pd, dist~-help.pd and
> Pd's A1.sinewave.pd).
>
> Cosmin
>
> > From: hans at at.or.at
> > To: pd-list at iem.at
> > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 14:15:42 -0500
> > Subject: [PD] lowest latency ARM board for Pd
> >

> > I'm curious about people's experience about getting low latency
> > performance using Pd on ARM. From what I've seen Pd on iPod Touch/
> > iPhone is the best. Has anyone gotten solid <20ms latency from an
> ARM/
> > Linux board or phone?
> >
> > .hc

> > All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
> > one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a
> better
> > language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne

> “We must become the change we want to see. - Mahatma Gandhi

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson