[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 14 20:38:08 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, João Pais wrote:

> I didn't see Mathieu's object yet, but just a small opinion about
> mouse-dragging (or mouse events): afaik, the graphical display of
> musical elements in open music et al is just a display, just an
> expressive way of looking at numbers. I'm not sure if these surfaces
> allow for mouse control in that way (I suspect they don't). Adding mouse
> control might be not really necessary (if you control the numbers), and
> can make things really complicated to manage.

What you need to know about this [note] business is that either it gets
mouse control, or I don't care about it at all. I never looked at
OpenMusic and I'm not interested in duplicating anything... if I end up
duplicating part of something, it will be [vsl]. I think that [vsl]'s
clickability is a lot more relevant to Pd users than OpenMusic's
non-clickability.