[PD] Which Linux distribution are you using?

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Mon Nov 15 15:50:40 CET 2010

Hi, I tried a lot:
Musix
U studio ~8.xx, with a lot of problem (xruns, wifi issue, jack stops
without any apparent reason, more...)
Fedora 10 /CCRMA: was great, but sometimes old version of software in
repos (like pd...)
U studio again, Lucid: great, but a lot of wifi issues and some others...
Now I'm trying Tangostudio, based on Ubuntu Lucid, 64bits... seems to
work great, but after installing rtirq and nvidia driver, cause I had a
xrun-rain when running jack. Now it's ok. I use RME Multiface /w HDSP
Expresscard and an Edirol FA-101... excepted that xruns issue, worked
oob. But pd seems to have a problem with rt: with very low latencies
(>15ms), I get a lot of DIO errors...