[PD] Musical notation object on Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 16 18:00:43 CET 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, patko wrote:

> That could be a complicated question, because I'm not sure to have used
> to good word, for describing who in the future will be able to have a
> clue about what is wrote on the paper, and this is also influenced by
> what E. Varese said about music in the future, interprets would
> disappear only composers would remain, that's what happening with using
> machines or tape instead of musicians, and from my point of view, only
> 'genuine' musicians could have a knowledge by doing some researches or
> studies about how the scores should be interpreted,

So, why should we stick to interpreting pieces with fidelity to the
original intent, when we can also be original and decide to change or add
things to the original pieces ? E.g. Bach on analogue synthesisers, to
take a very well known example (Wurman, Carlos, ...)

> would be the machines for example, or the "lambda machine users"
> by 'lambda' I mean someone that only use the machine without asking questions.

The lambda users use the machine for doing what ??

Which lambda users ? (Taken from which set of people ?)