[PD] curve3d alternative

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 16 21:12:57 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, mami music wrote:

> Hi everyoneI need to create a grid in GEM in which i can control each
> node independently. I tried using [curve3d] but the transposition of one
> node affects its neighbors (as this object is intended to work). What i
> need is something that would be capable of creating some sort of
> histogram, where each node can take a Z value independently.  I guess
> that if i use [curve] and use the resolution equal to the number of
> nodes i could achieve the effect, but i would be dealing with many
> independent entinties and would have to duplicate them to achieve the
> orthogonality of the mesh.

Try [gf/gl] from GridFlow. It can integrate well and it's message-based
instead of object-based, which means that making custom geos such as what
you want can be done by sending some simple messages, without need for
[repeat] nor complicated nets of [GEMglVertex3f] objects with lots of [+]
and [-] and [*] around.

First, you send a "begin quads" message and then a number of "vertex $1 $2
$3" messages using [until] or [for] or [foreach] or whatever other means
of looping you have. No need to care for routing what comes of [gemhead],
you don't need it (just convert it to a bang using [b]). Don't forget to
send an "end" message at the end of the shape.

   http://gridflow.ca/
   http://gridflow.ca/help/gf/gl-help.html