[PD] lowest latency ARM board for Pd

cosmin O_O horiacosmin at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:27:14 CET 2010

Hi,

That's simple:

Install pd-extended (Armel version)

There is no OpenGL support on the Freerunner so Gem, pdp, pidip are not compiled on this version.

1/ Install dependencies:

wget http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/d/debian-multimedia-keyring/debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb

dpkg -i debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb

nano -w /etc/apt/sources list

and add: "deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org lenny main non-free"

then:

apt-get install x-ttcidfont-conf tcllib libfftw3-3 libflite1 libjack0 libmp3lame0 libogg0 libspeex1 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3 tcl8.5 tk8.5

2/ Install Pd-extended for armel

wget http://www.servideo.org/debian/Pd-0.42.5-extended_light_armel.deb

dpkg -i Pd-0.42.5-extended_light_armel.deb

Note that if you had previously troubles with the dependencies of pd-extended, make a "dpkg -P pdextended"

3/ go to:

/usr/share/applications/pd-extended.desktop

and replace

"Exec=pasuspender -- /usr/bin/pdextended -alsa %F"

by:

"Exec=pdextended -alsa" (<-- depending the space left, you should install also alsa-base for that)

or by:

"Exec=pdextended -oss" (<-- my choice)

4/Run Pd-extended or puredata on the Freerunner:

a/ Go to Main Menu > Applications > QX
b/ Select options (white file on the bottom left) and click "favourites"
c/ Select pd-extended
d/ Quit QX and come back to QX
e/ Select "pd-xextended" and set on options the "settings" like for example: "prevent suspending", "Prevent screen diming", "Use Window Manager" and "Full screen" and save.
f/ Select pd-extended
g/ Launch pd-extended with Options > Launch.

If you want to install puredata instead of pd-extended:

apt-get install puredata

Best,

Cosmin