[PD] beginner's question - the audio doesn't work

xm freequencies at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:17:22 CET 2010

2010/11/19  <2bad4you at london.com>:
> Hello,
> I am not a sound professional and I have only been using PD for a short
> while so excuse me if it's a stupid question.
> I am trying to create a short ringtone-like melody using PD. I created a
> patch that reads data from an array and then connects to dac~ but when I try
> to turn the toggle on no sound is coming out! How can I change so I could
> actually hear the sound?

Hi,

The values of your array are too low even if are converted with mtof.
The outgoing frequencies from mtof are between 8 and 10hz, so this
maybe the reason that you can't hear anything.

Try modifiy /increase the values of the array or multiply the values
from the mtof outlet.

Take a look too, on different nice on-line tutorials like:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData
http://www.pd-tutorial.com/english/index.html

are useful

salut