[PD] unable to open pdp_v4l webcam video stream

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:33:16 CET 2010

Hello,

with the purpose of being able to track elements in sight of a cam by
virtue of their color, I would like to use and explore the
possibilities of pdp_ctrack. While this does work with prerecorded
video (avi) i am unable to try it with live video, cause pdp_v4l gives
and error. See below what happens when trying to send [open
/dev/video0< to [pdp_v4l].

pdp_v4l: opening /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: cap: name UVC Camera (046d:0802) type 1 channels 1 maxw 640
maxh 480 minw 48 minh 32
pdp_v4l: picture: brightness 32896 depth 0 palette 0
pdp_v4l: channel 0 name Camera 1 type 2 flags 0
pdp_v4l: switched to channel 0
pdp_v4l: cant change to norm 0
error: pdp_v4l: no method for 'type'

Does anyone know if this is a matter of buying a better cam? Now using
a Logitech very simple usb webcam. Or do i need to load/install a
certain driver, or send other messages to [pdp_v4l]?
My purpose is to get coordinates (and possibly size) of colored
elements. I want to be able to track different elements
simultaneously, and be able to calculate distance. Maybe a combination
with size would also allow me to calculate distance in 3 dimension.
Then to use the data for conditional sounds (tonal and/or atonal).
Any help appreciated!

Bye, Menno.

--
www.indelucht.nl