[PD] [PD-announce] Slit-Scanning Techniques With Gridflow

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 21:52:56 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 12:11 -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > I made a group of patches of which each implements a different kind of a
> > slit-scanning technique (though the use of the word 'slit' is a bit
> > stretched here).
>
> I stretched it more with gridflow/examples/remap_video.pd, which I added a
> few months ago. I just made two videos of it, so that people without
> GridFlow installed can see it anyway :
>
>    http://gridflow.ca/gallery/remap_video_xor.mov
>    http://gridflow.ca/gallery/remap_video_xor_2.mov

Cool. I haven't seen the patch in the examples until you mentioned it.
remap_video.pd and t-morph.pd are similar in that they both delay each
pixel separately with different amounts of time. Yours uses a real-time
generated mask, while t-morph.pd uses pre-made masks.
It would be perfectly possible to use a mask that's changing over time
(a.k.a movie), but I haven't tried that yet. Have you?

Roman