[PD] tuio simulator

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:15:44 CET 2010

Hi,

to import data from the tuio simulator in pd, just use the Tuioclient
available with reacTIVision (http://reactivision.sourceforge.net/).

The simulator (which you probably also got from the reaTIVision page)
should send data to the appropriate udp port (3333), which you could
import using [updreceive] and [unpackOSC], however, it is much more
easy to use [TuioClient], offered on the reacTIVision website. The
client will output a list, that you can unpack using [unpack]. This is
prefixed with symbols indicating the kind of event (enter, update,
exit). There are exaple patches in the client zipfile.
One of the items from [TuioClient] list will be the id of the fiducial
(marker), allowing you to program pd to react to a certain number in a
certain way. So you could unpack the list, and attach the [sel] object
to the outlet that outputs fiducial id, etc.

Goodluck, Menno.