[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 03:45:48 CET 2010

--- On Tue, 11/23/10, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu>
> Subject: RE: [PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)
> To: "'Jonathan Wilkes'" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 2:27 AM
> > Regarding "tidy up"-- are you
> referring to XTOLERANCE,
> > YTOLERANCE, and NHIST?  If so, I posted a message
> awhile back with
>
> I set it to 20 20 15 respectively and it seems to do the
> trick in tests I did so far.
>
> > what seemed like some decent values, but in some cases
> it would
> > swap the position of two objects in a row or
> column.  Also, this
> > behavior changed depending on the order in which those
> objects were
> > created.  (I have a feeling this is why those
> values are set so low.)
> >
> > If you post another tar.gz with your new "tidy" I'll
> see
> > if I can reproduce this behavior.
>
> Oops, forgot to post this one, haven't I? :-)
>
> Same place, same links:
>
> http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56

Ok, this is looking familiar-- have a look at tidy-test.pd, select
each group of objects one at a time and do 'tidy up':
1. Works as it should.
2. Objects are below the y-threshold, so they (understandably)
collapse.
3. Works as it should.
4. Objects spaced 30 px apart vertically seem arbitrarily to no
longer get tidy.
5. Horizontal row of objects gets tidy (with arbitrarily large space
in between any two objects).  Works as it should-- columns of objects
should behave the same way.

Now select all and tidy.  Notice that #3 now gives different results.

-Jonathan