[PD] GridFlow on Android

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Nov 23 14:05:38 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, chrism wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 00:15:45 -0400 (EDT), Mathieu Bouchard
> <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
>> Got GridFlow on Android working, with no options at all.
> Cool!

Unfortunately, we got stuck with bugs that we don't know how to get out
of. Some weird crashes at startup, that appeared for no apparent reason
and won't disappear. I can't debug this. I don't sufficiently know about
how to do this kind of debugging on Android.

So, in the end, it does not work, but if I had this crash fixed, we'd have
GridFlow with at least support for PPM image format, and I'd expect to be
not too far from having a window output. However, this would go through
the android widget toolkit, and not OpenGL, at least for now. I expect to
keep OpenGL support for much later. I started coding that with JNI but
were not able to try because of the aforementioned crashes (even though I
retried without the JNI code, etc...!).