[PD] [PD-announce] many - a library for managing many instances

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 23 18:37:36 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:28:12PM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> That was just a preliminary release, check the SVN for the most up-to-
> date (also I think I updated the tarball to have [bundle]).
>
> The dynamic send idea is interesting, especially since you benchmarked
> it.  How did you benchmark it?

I think I just ran a bunch of messages through it and checked with [cputime].

> That would be useful.  Also, did you try
> making the send symbol using a message box to benchmark, i.e.:

>       [pack float $0]
>       [$2-in1-$1(
>    [send]

Ah, that should be even faster, thanks for pointing it out.

> It seems that the help patches do require something besides Pd-vanilla,

Yeah, they require the rj library.

> u_robinpoly-help.pd gives me this:
>  soundoutput
> ... couldn't create
>  u_loadmeter
> ... couldn't create
>  u_robinpolymono
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>  s_drumelectro a b c d
> ... couldn't create
>
> When I launch u_makepoly-help.pd straight from rjdj/rjlib/rj, I get
> this:
>  soundoutput
> ... couldn't create

This is normally provided by the RjDj app, so it's not part of the lib. It's available here
https://github.com/rjdj/rjlib/tree/master/pd/
of just copy over any output.pd you prefer.

The other errors are harmless (I think, the help file still have some
mono/stereo bug)

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__