[PD] Simple Subtractive Synth

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 24 17:52:15 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 05:27:58PM +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 17:06 +0100, Derek Holzer wrote:
> The spliced-transition method is particularly interesting for making
> anti-aliased pulse waveforms  with dynamically adjustable pulse width.

The [s_osc] object in rj provides a convenient multi-waveform oscillator, that
supports sine, triangle, bandlimited square with pwm and bandlimited saw
waveforms. All are have DC at zero and are fine-tuned in apmlitude so their
loudness is about equal. The triangle waveform is not bandlimited, because
"corners" in a waveform produce aliassing that is not *that* bad.

Bandlimiting is made with spliced transitions which according to my personal
taste sounds phatter than the sinesum approach.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__