[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 23:01:19 CET 2010

>> Namely, it appears mknob uses g_all_guis.h and g_canvas.h, both of which
>> have changed as a result of accelerated drawing of iemgui objects. A
>> simple recompile of mknob (and likely other objects that may rely upon
>> the same framework) apparently fixed the problem.
>>

> Alrite, my knowledge is just not enough to teach moonlib (which i have put
> into /extra) where the pd headers are. What shall i modify in its makefile?

CFLAGS = -DPD -I"../../src" -Wall -W -g

...and it works!
I have lots of 'consistency check failed: glist_findrtext' when running,
plus sometimes 'tcl/tk error: unknown encoding "yahoo"' on the terminal. It
seems somewhat faster than the father, but that could also be that i've
compiled it for my CPU with 'march='.
Somehow MIDI works on startup while with the father it doesn't (i have to
check 'MIDI settings' each time).
Sometimes it gets temporarily frozen where the father doesn't, for example
upon editing, saving, and then closing a simple subpatch (no GOP, no
externals in it), and then it throws out all the output that was delayed
during the freeze - this doesn't happen with the father (afaik you need to
use -nosleep to make it behave like this?), and throws some 'error:
.x123456: no such object's.
The GUI is pretty.

Andras