[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Nov 26 22:01:00 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 16:59 +0100, András Murányi wrote:
> AFAIK, with 0.43 this problem will be less serious as colors are
> easily changed with so-called plug-ins, i.e. tcl one-liners.
> BTW I like orange :o)

Thanks all for your feedback on this one. The problem as it stands right
now is that iemgui objects use precompiled select colors in a
non-standard format which makes it more difficult to make them
customizable. I will look into this down the road but it seems to me as
a lower priority task.

As it turns out, I've had another productive couple of hours debugging
and this time I've fixed one regression as well as two more
show-stopping bugs related to GOP (NB: for pd core devs you may want to
look into these as they are also present in both pd and pd-extended
vanilla). Namely 20101126 snapshot includes:

*cutting gop-ed patch while its canvas is open leaves stale gop
rectangle

*when moving gop-ed object, do not activate unless it is only clicked
upon. When clicked upon, the object will "shrink" into an undefined
object. All cord connections will be preserved. This avoids activating
it when it is being dragged and thus also avoids a slew of redraw bugs
that result from the following:
	1) create a gop-ed patch (an abstraction) that has at least one vanilla
object visible (e.g. a gatom)
	2) select it and change its name to another existing gop-ed patch
(other than one that was populating this object so far)
	3) open the newly-created gop patcher and try creating a new object.
You will get double of everything, eventually resulting in a crash
(unless you cut the object and recreate it before closing)

*double-entry after editing gop. (ALSO FIXES: *erasing gop's stale
non-iemgui objects when editing). To reproduce this problem do the
following:
	1)create GOP
	2)alter GOP's name into invalid or other object
		->seems like deleting old object does not go well when it uses gop-ed
vanilla objects
	3)alter it back
	4)create object inside GOP

*fixed regression in iemgui objects where highlight did not work on
gop-ed canvases

As usual, you can get it from:
l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56

As always, feedback/bug-reports are most appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ico