[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 27 16:42:54 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, João Pais wrote:

>> e.g. I am right now thinking it would be nice to have resizable cnv just by
>> clicking on its bottom-right corner. Ditto for other visual iemgui objects.
>> Another thing I would really like to see soon is ability to box-select
>> patch cords. Then perhaps an undo doubly-linked list would be nice as well
>> (although not sure how hard this would be).
>
> basically many of the things possible in max should be implemented in pd.

This is that kind of thinking that led me to invent [#many]. I looked at
their matrix of toggle-like things and told myself I should make something
similar, except it would have a much shorter list of properties, and a
possibility to connect plugins (using an extra inlet and outlet) so that
any special behaviour can be user-specified. And then I wanted a variable
element-class, not just toggle. And thus it was born.

Apart from that, many things can be made using [#see]-[#mouse] with
various graphics processing in GF/GEM/PDP. [#see] displays a video in a
patch, and the video can be tiny, generated, and rendered on demand (it's
actually a picture viewer). This is most useful for high-color,
pixel-oriented data, or really complicated vector data, perhaps.