[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Nov 27 16:59:24 CET 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 15:36 +0100, Martin . wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to test this. Can I install it alongside my other pd
> installation or will installing this take over other installations of
> pd-extended?
>
> If it is possible, how do I go about doing this?
>
> cheers,
> martin

See one of the early correspondences in this thread. Namely, you can
simply download the tarball and recompile it (if necessary--it does come
with i386 version precompiled) by doing aclocal; autoconf; ./configure
(with flags); make; (do not do "make install").

Then you can simply go to pd/bin directory and run ./pd from there to
test things out.

Other way you could do it is to pass a --prefix command to ./configure
script so that the pd is installed elsewhere. This however does not
resolve the problem of the executable having the same name (if you
already have another version of pd installed).

All that said, I am using this version in L2Ork's production environment
with 16 netbooks and am very pleased with it (although a slew of
changes/additions I've done over the past week may need additional
testing).

NB: Some externals may require a recompile due to changes to some of
the .h files. No source changes should be necessary, however, for such a
recompile to be successful.

HTH

Ico