[PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 23:51:45 CET 2010

--- On Sat, 11/27/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: Re: [PD] call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu>, pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Saturday, November 27, 2010, 4:54 PM
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
>
> > Another solution: you can also place a checkbutton
> labeled "Edit mode"
> > directly on the menubar.
>
> Is this compatible with OSX ?

I don't know.  I actually tried three things:

1) Leaving the 'Edit mode' entry in the 'Edit' menu, setting
-indicatoron to false, and toggling the label from 'Edit mode'
to 'Run mode'
2) Doing a checkbutton with an indicator right on the menubar
3) Doing a checkbutton with the indicator off right on the menubar
and toggling the label as in #1 above.

I think 1 and 3 worked fine in osx.

Actually I also tried a fourth thing:
Destroy the menubar when in 'Run mode'.  (Not sure how that would
work on osx, but in Gnome it sure makes an obvious distinction
between modes!)

-Jonathan