[PD] zenity plugin for Pd 0.43 WAS: magicglass WAS: call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Nov 28 02:00:53 CET 2010

On Nov 25, 2010, at 6:27 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> How would one go about doing this?
>>
>> I believe that gnocl is the thing that you are looking for:
>>
>> http://wiki.tcl.tk/5151
> Actually a really 'quick and dirty' solution would be to call zenity
> [1] from within the tk.. Which IMHO is better than the Tk file
> opener.. Attached a version of pd.tk (0.42.5-extended-rc5 linux)
> which will try touse zenity for open, falling back to Tk if zeniy is
> not found (sorry my tcl is really really rusty :-)
>
> Lorenzo.
>
> [1]: http://freshmeat.net/projects/zenity

That would make a great GUI plugin for Pd 0.43.  Basically the plugin
would just override pdtk_openpanel and pdtk_savepanel (now in pd/tcl/
wheredoesthisgo.tcl).  Just 'rename' the existing ones in your plugin,
then create your own procs with the same names.

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli