[PD] L2Ork pd-extended release candidate 1 now available (was: Re: call for testers...)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 08:18:33 CET 2010

Hi,
     Here are some scrolling observations:
In the attached patch, drag the [pd] object far down into the
bottom right-hand corner, so that you get some scrollbars to appear.
Now, on the current pd-extended, you can scroll down to that object,
and when you drag it back to its original location, the scrollbars
respond in realtime so that the object swoops back up the patch
until, finally, the scrollbars disappear.  In your version the
scrollbars don't react until you stop dragging and release the mouse
button.  Just an observation-- I suppose both methods have their
strengths and weaknesses.  I prefer the current Pd-ext behavior--
for example, if I happen to paste an object into another patch with a smaller window size, it makes it quick to drag it back up.

But notice that once you drag the [pd] object back near its original
position, the [f] object looks as if it's at (0,0), when it's really
at (10,10).  However, if you save the patch and reopen it the [f]
will appear at its proper, original position-- (10,10).  I think this
is a bug, because it means any time one adds or takes away the
scrollbars the absolute positioning of the objects on the canvas is
temporarily lost, forcing the user to close and open to see the
real positioning.

-Jonathan