[PD] The Game of Life

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 20:26:00 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Andrew Faraday <jbturgid at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hey All
>
> Bit of an early Christmas present.
>
> It's a pure-data based, 16x16 version of Jon Conways "Game of Life" (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway%27s_Game_of_Life). Perhaps the
> geekiest thing I've ever done.
>
> It's all zipped up because I've used a few abstractions, just uncompress to
> a single folder and open OpenMe.pd
>
> Would love to hear what you guys think of this. Particularly interested in:
>
> * Does anyone know if it's been done in puredata before? Can I get hold of
> it?
> * Is it well documented enough?
> * Does it work on different operating systems (was made on ubuntu (netbook
> remix) so some of it may not transfer)?
> * How might you improve on this?
>
> I may, in the longer run, be planning to use this for a generative music
> patch. Don't know if that means anything to you.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew

I wouldn't mention if it was a real Christmas present :o) but it throws some
"r13 ... couldn't create" errors and hooks my CPU (2,2GHz Opteron) heavily
without clicking "start". When clicking "start" nothing happens, perhaps
because of the subpatches that didn't create. (Pd-ex autobuild of
2010-11-23)
Repair it, Daddy! :o)

Andras