[PD] big soundfiles

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 28 20:40:18 CET 2010

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Derek Holzer wrote:

> Thank you Roman, this is exactly the kind of concise and clear information I
> was looking for to include in the chapters on sample playback in the Pd FLOSS
> Manual!

But that is relevant to [tabread~] and [tabread], NOT [tabread4~], which
is normally used with more resolution : in the latter case, you divide the
6 minutes into the number of steps you expect to need between samples. If
you play at speed 1.125, that's 9/8, so, you need 1/8 steps, so, divide
6m20s by 8. With different denominators (1.1 = 11/10) it can get
complicated though.