[PD] The Game of Life

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:55:07 CET 2010

Well, grid flow isn't in use. That second iteration will be black because of the [r13] object. It's essential but it appears everyone has problems loading it. It seems there's a bit of a bug with this (I can't find out which library it's from). If you place [receive13] in a patch, this loads and then you can use [r13] with impunity. There is a [receive13] in the sketeches sub-patch, so it seems if you load the patch, close it (but not pd) then reload, this will all work fine.
If anyone knows where r13 is from, could you let me know? Would a [require] fix this?
I've observed that after the initial load (which is quite harsh, 255 abstractions with two gem chains and a lot of those r13's), the CPU usage relaxes quite a lot.
I realize now there's a LOT of variations of this around, although it's still an achievement for me. :)
Thanks for tips and bits, guys, will have a nosey when I get some time.
Andrew