[PD] big soundfiles

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 29 15:06:27 CET 2010

On 2010-11-29 14:45, tim vets wrote:
> do I interpret it correct if I assume that a solution for [tabread~]-ing big
> files without quality loss would be to make a counter and split one big
> [line~] movement into small segments ?
>
> something like:
>
> [metro 100]
> |
> [f]X[+ 4410]
> |
> [s adder]
>
> and
>
> [r adder]
> |
> [t  b                f]
> |                     |
> [0, 4410 100(   |
> |                    /
> [line~]          /
> |     ______ /
> [+~]

???
you are still hitting the problem that the output of [+~] has probably
to little precision.

your patch will thus not give you any benefit.

> [tabread~]

i was _not_ talking about  [tabread~] but about [tabplay~]

[bang(

[tabplay~]

alternatively you can use the send inlet (message!) of [tabread4~] for
better precision. the help-patch directs you to B15.tabread4~-onset.pd

msdfrt#
IOhannes