[PD] editmode-only menubar plugin WAS: call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Nov 30 05:55:43 CET 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> [...]

I think you'll enjoy my two 0.43 plugins then, check out the
screenshot for "remove_menubar_from_canvases and canvas_menu_in_popup
plugins on Ubuntu"

http://puredata.info/dev/PdGuiRewriteScreenshots/

On Mac OS X, you shouldn't remove the menubar, because it then reverts
to the Wish.app menubar, which will only be confusing.  But here's a
GUI plugin to remove the menubar for edit mode without it flashing (I
hope):

----------------
# this GUI plugin removes the menubars from any patch window that is
# not in Edit Mode.  Also, if a patch is switched to Run Mode, the
# menubar will be removed.

proc setmenu_for_editmode {mytoplevel} {
     if {$::editmode($mytoplevel)} {
         $mytoplevel configure -menu $::patch_menubar
     } else {
         $mytoplevel configure -menu ""
     }
}

# on Mac OS X, no windows have menubars, so no need to remove for 'aqua'
if {$::windowingsystem ne "aqua"} {
     bind PatchWindow <FocusIn> {+setmenu_for_editmode %W}
     bind PatchWindow <<EditMode>> {+setmenu_for_editmode %W}
}

pdtk_post "Finished loading menubar_only_in_editmode-plugin.tcl"