[PD] GUI plugins wikis WAS: zenity plugin for Pd 0.43 WAS: magicglass WAS: call for testers for L2Ork iteration of pd-extended (based on 0.42.x branch)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Nov 30 22:24:44 CET 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 4:16 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> 2010/11/30 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 4:43 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>
>> 2010/11/29 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>>
>> Hey Andras, this is great!  My only request is: can we call them
>> "GUI plugins"?  "startup plugins" sounds too vague for me.  Also,
>> here's a bit more documentation:
>>
>> http://puredata.info/docs/PdGuiPluginsAPI
>>
>> Now I'm thinking we should start a "guiplugins" wiki folder section
>> in the doc wiki, so like:
>>
>> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins  (this would be your page,
>> also be called FrontPage)
>> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/GuiPluginsAPI
>> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/ExamplePlugins
>>
>> How does that sound?
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> Sounds great. Please go ahead and rename & move 'my' page, then
>> i'll go on.
>>
>> Andras
>

> Ok here goes:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/SimpleExamples
> http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/GuiPluginsAPI
>
> Some possible fodder for more stuff for the Gui Plugins wiki:
> http://puredata.info/dev/PdGuiRewriteTheming
>
> So the current FrontPage and the GuiPluginsAPI pages have some
> overlap, and should be combined.  Andras, if you can take that on,
> please do.  You're page looks quite good so far.
>
> .hc
>

> OK, i have my request concerning combining... or rather a question:
> it is not a real API that we're having and may be misleading to call
> it so, still API is a word that is good lead for somewhone looking
> for anything that plays the role of an API... what do you think? is
> there a better word to use, or we just call it API and then explain
> it's nor really? (or do you consider it an API?)

I'm not stuck on the term API, but the stuff that I outlined there is
stuff that I added to the new GUI code specifically to support
plugins, rather than internal needs.  Of course, being Tcl, a plugin
can override really anything, so all of the GUI code can't really be
called the API, tho it could be changed by a plugin.

Does that make sense?

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/