[PD] timing

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 24 13:22:01 CET 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> The good news is that there are still ways to create sample accurate
> signal-to-message converters that work at any blocksize (incl. 64). Use
> [tabsend~] to write every block of the incoming signal to a [table] and
> perform the analysis in the message domain by iterating through the
> table. [...] Please note that events created like this are exactly one
> block late since you can only start the analysis after the whole vector
> has been written.

If when using [block~ 16], [vline~]'s logicaltime is 4 blocks in advance,
then 3, then 2, then 1, then 4 again, etc., I don't see why it wouldn't be
the same for [tabsend~]. This means [tabsend~] would write four blocks at
the same logicaltime, and if you expect a [metro] to work here, you get
always 4 times the same block, which is always the last block of any
sequence of blocks that shared the same logicaltime.

Can you verify this property of [tabsend~] ?