[PD] packaging "Pd standalone"

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 26 18:02:07 CET 2010

Hi,

in a Pd meeting here in Berlin I saw the package Pd patch (or whatever
it's called) being run on a Mac. We've seen that the result was an
integral copy of pd-ext (183Mb) with the patch included. In case someone
is going to continue working on this feature, may I give some options?

- besides the vanilla library, to pack only the used objects? Pd has for
8000 files in it, and most of them aren't really necessary for all patches
- is this feature going to be available for all plattforms?
- will it be possible to create not only a folder with pd+patch, but a
kind of enclosed package, where the user sees only one program and has
only to click on it? (this might be tricker to do in windows or maybe
unix, but on mac seems to be easy with the folder as package setup)

Best,

João

--
Friedenstr. 58