[PD] Body tracking

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sat Jan 8 14:25:59 CET 2011

hello,

for the kung fu : movement are usually very fast. a camera is usually to slow to be useful.

i personally prefer using sensor like accelerometter on the body.
you can use wiimote or some other (faster) sensors system.

here is a video of a performance i worked for few years ago.
http://vimeo.com/4596629
sensors are used at time : 4'57 to 6'06 and from 6'43 to 7'23.

at 6'43, you can see that this kind of sensors are lot's more accurate that what you'll be able to do with a camera.

imo, camera are good to track body position.
kinect look to have a sensing zone that is a bit limited.

Cyrille