[PD] zero crossing

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 09:35:40 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 02:01 +0100, Dietrich Pank wrote:
> Thank you Roman,
>
>         I do think it is possible to get sample correct bangs from
>         analyzed
>         audio:
>         http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-12/085681.html
>

> Ok! After reading this tip again I understood it something better.
> But..well, one block later may be accourate theoretically but not
> real(time).

True. But this is a logical problem that also an external wouldn't be
able to solve. The results of some analysis of data cannot be delivered
before the data was delivered.

With a block size of 1 this latency could be improved, but it would be
still one sample late, so still not real-time in that sense.

Roman